Temporary Exhibitions



The Lapidarium consists of eight individual exhibiting spaces situated in the south wing of the Monastery tracts. This part of the monastery building was built in the time of the Abbot Friderik Hofstetter (1703-1708) as it is written at the stone plate which is built-in the wall on the courtyard side.
First exhibitions in the lapidarium took place in 2000. The exhibiting area is designed for exhibitions of the established artists as well as for the younger generation. Because of its specific structure the sites of the lapidarium demand reflective use of space by the artist and site-specific installation of the exhibiting projects.